Here is a happy marriage between duck breast and red cabbage, a blend of tenderness, acidity and flavors.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 1 Red cabbage
- 50 g of duck fat
- 25 cl of full-bodied red wine (Costières de Nîmes type)
- 2 tbsp. of wine vinegar
- 30 g of jelly gooseberries
- 500 g of potatoes (Charlotte)
- 20 g of half-salted butter
- 1 tbsp. oil soup
- 4 duck breasts (150 g each)
- 1 tbsp. spices (pepper, ground clove)
- Salt pepper
- 50 g of half-salted butter
- 25 cl of chicken broth
- Salt pepper
Duck breast with red cabbage
- Wash the cabbage, remove the larger rib and cut into thin strips.
- Melt the duck fat, brown the cabbage for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Add wine, vinegar and currant jelly. Cook again for 15 minutes under cover.
Preheat the oven to 140° C (th.4).
- Peel, wash and grate the potatoes.
- In a skillet, heat 20 g butter and oil, add the potatoes.
- Cook over medium heat this cake 5 minutes on each side.
- Keep warm in the oven.
For the sauce:
- Cut the cold butter into pieces.
- Pour the chicken broth in a saucepan over medium heat, reduce it and gradually stir in the butter, stirring constantly.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle the duck fillets with spices.
- Put them in a hot skillet (skin side first) and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Cut the duck fillets into slices. Place them on warm plates, accompanied by the potato pancake, cabbage.
- Top with sauce.
- B.A.BA OF THE CHIEF
This recipe can be made with pigeon, quail, pork tenderloin...
- COTTAGE CAVE:
- WORDS OF KITCHEN
- coat: Pour a liquid (a cream, a sauce, a sauce...) so as to cover a preparation.
- parry: prepare a food for cooking or serving at the table, remove all that harms the presentation to make it even more appetizing.
- Reduce: Evaporate a liquid to concentrate the flavor of a food by bringing it to a boil.
Photo: C. Herlédan