As a starter or as a light dish with a salad, this express ham flan is a quick and easy recipe.
Preparation: 10 minutes
baking: 20 min
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 4 eggs
- 100 g thick cream
- 10 cl of milk
- 2 slices of ham from Paris
- 5 g of butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Express pudding with ham
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (item 6).
- In a bowl, pour the eggs, whisk them with a pinch of salt. Add the heavy cream and then the milk. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Slice the ham. To arrange it in ramequins previously buttered.
- Pour the mixture over the ham.
- Bake 20 minutes.
Learn more about Paris ham
Presenting a tasty flesh with rosé nuances, ham is a ham of superior quality over 5 kg, free of polyphosphate and gelling agent, and containing not more than 1% of sugar.
Made from a boneless pork leg and salted, it is put in a rectangular mold (hence its parallelepiped shape) and cooked in a broth flavored with coriander, juniper, cloves and bouquet garni. If the place of manufacture used to give the ham its name,
nowadays it stems rather from the manufacturing process. Today, the ham of Paris represents about 80% of the French production.
Learn more about the cream
It is during the skimming of the milk that the cream is made: naturally liquid, it is separated from the milk by a cream separator which also allows to select a cream more or less rich in fat. To obtain a thick cream, it adds lactic ferments (seeding) which, after a few hours of maturation, gives it a thickened appearance and a more acidic taste.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel