The elderberry jelly is very easy to make and the profusion of fruit, often wild and unused, makes it a cheap jelly at all.
For all those who love wild fruit picking in the summer, this recipe is for you!
Ingredients for elderberry jelly:
- 1 kg black berries from elderberry
- 500 g of crystallized sugar
- 1 packet of pectin
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
Recipe for elderberry jelly:
The elderberry jelly recipe is made during the summer, when the elderberries are ready to harvest, well-ripe, very black and bathed in the sun.
Beware the elderberry is a lot of work and it is better to protect yourself before cooking
- Start by carefully washing the elderberry while removing the green beans
- Using a fork, hold the berries while discarding all the stems
- Put the elderberry in a bowl of jam or a pot
- Then bring to a boil and hold for 5 min until the fruits burst and release their juice
- Then pass everything to the mill or cheesecloth for a clear jelly
- Weigh the quantity thus obtained and pour the same weight in sugar then mix
- Pour the lemon juice and the pectin sachet
- Bring back to light boil and count 2 minutes from the first boil
- To see if the jelly is cooked, put a spoon on a cold plate and if it freezes it is good
- If this is not the case, cook for a few more minutes
- When it's still hot, pour the jelly into the jam jars and close immediately by turning them over.
- Let cool
Enjoy your meal!