Summer rhymes with grilling and it's also the moment when lavender is in full bloom!
So combine the 2 with this delicious recipe of lamb chops with lavender butter...
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 8 lamb chops first
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon of olive oil
- 80 g of sweet butter
- 1/2 cuil. coffee lavender flower
- Salt pepper
Lamb ribs with lavender butter
- Remove the butter from the refrigerator 30 minutes before use to soften it. Place in a salad bowl and work with a fork until you get a consistency similar to that of an ointment.
Then stir in the lavender flowers. Mix thoroughly. Roll the resulting butter into a sheet of cling film to form a roll. Close the ends. Reserve cold.
- Put the oven in grill position.
- Place the lamb chops in a baking dish, brush with oil and grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side under the grill. Season.
- Place on each rib of lamb a slice of cold lavender butter. Serve and enjoy immediately!
B.A.ba of the chef
It is possible to use a salted butter to make the compound butter with lavender. In this case, do not add salt to this recipe.
Cellar side: Côtes de Provence
Well being: Calories per person: 350
Photo: C. Herlédan