- For a 60 cm planter, you need:
- Variegated ivy
- For the decoration, you need:
- Planting plants: the steps
- The decor: for a beautiful finish
- Maintenance of plantations
- Ideas in +
- In the same register:
This long decorative wooden planter is composed of 2 identical planters of 60 cm placed side by side.
For a 60 cm planter, you need:
A Carex comans 'Bronz form'
Its supple and elegant foliage, its color coppery bronze, make wonder in the autumn sun. It is rustic up to - 15° C.
A heuchère with red-copper foliage (Heuchera)
There are many varieties of oaks with orange foliage. Theheucher 'Caramel' is the best known. Its magnificent amber foliage brings light and color, even in gray weather. The heucheres are hardy until - 15° C.
The ivy is frequently used in compositions for his long drooping twigs who dress the containers. The leaves are variously cut, green or variegated yellow and white. Ivy forms of beautiful hotties likely to take a significant amount over time. Variegated varieties are very bright and resistant up to - 15° C.
The cons Hedera helix
A white heather (Erica darleyensis)
The heather remains blooming until the following spring for a assured decorative effect. It is the ideal plant for a pot culture. She is rustic above - 20° C.
2 or 3 small scoops of orange horned violets (Viola cornuta)
The horned violet is ideal for gardening. Its small size makes it easy to slide between two plants. It blooms from autumn to spring. His bright colors bring gaiety to autumnal compositions. She is rustic above - 15° C.
All these plants should be placed in sunny exposure or half-shade.
For the decoration, you need:
- Some handlesground peel or from foam
- A little fagot of twigs surrounded by string
- A few bright red berries unearthed in the garden or during a walk in the forest
- A few ivy flowers or others dry flowers of the garden like those of Hydrangea
- 2 or 3 small cones or some nuts bugs and of chestnuts
- A mini pumpkin decoration on a guardian
- A Mini Mushroom decoration stitched on a guardian
Planting plants: the steps
- Spread at the bottom of the planter draining layer clay balls or pozzolan
- Cover this layer if necessary garden felt to prevent the earth from descending to the bottom of the pot
- Fill the planter with a layer of compost universal up to half height
- Make soak the plants a few minutes to keep the clods wet
- Deposit and position heuchère, ivy, sedge and heather, if possible in light staggered
- slip 2 or 3 small horned violets between plants
- Fill in empty spaces with potting soil up to 2 or 3 cm from the rim
- Pack the earth between plants and water gently
The decor: for a beautiful finish
- Cover the floor with thin barks or foam
- To stitch the mini pumpkin heuchere side and the Mini Mushroom in the heather
- Place the small bundle of wood at the foot of the sedge
- Distribute them red berries, the ivy flowers and small cones between plants
Maintenance of plantations
- Water very moderately and only by nice weather
- Never leavebackwater in the saucer
- The fertilizer inputs are useless between October and March
Ideas in +
In December, change your decor replacing the mini pumpkin with a pretty golden christmas ball. Prick sprigs of holly and mistletoe between plants for a festive gardener.
The spring income, do not discard the plants. Transplant the sedge in flowerbed sunny, theheuchère and the heather will be able to join massive to partial shade while the ivy will dress foot of a shrub.
In the same register:
- Make a spring planter
- Make a winter gardener
- Make a summer gardener