- Plantation of portulaca:
- Size and maintenance of portulaca:
- To know about the portulaca:
- Smart tip about portulaca:
Portulaca is a succulent annual flower of beauty.
Easy to maintain and offering beautiful flowers all summer, it will adorn the garden but also hotpot and planter.
In summary, what you need to know:
Name: Portulaca grandiflora
Type: Annual (succulent)
Height: 10 to 15 cm
Ground: Ordinary, well drained
Flowering: June to October
Plantation of portulaca:
The planting of portulaca is done preferably in the spring for pursuits purchased in pots, with a distance of 15 cm between each foot.
- The portulaca needs sun to bloom well
- A small amount of fertilizer for flowering plants will improve the flowering.
Sowing of portulaca:
To enjoy a bloom in the spring, begin your planting under shelter at the end of the winter.
- Perform a sowing under shelter in February-March or sowing in place in March-April for regions with very mild climate.
- Thin to 15 cm.
- Put in the ground after any risk of frost.
Size and maintenance of portulaca:
Remove the faded flowers as you go to stimulate the appearance of new flowers
Regular watering is recommended for portulacas planted in pots, bins and planters
To know about the portulaca:
This very pretty annual flower, creeping and spreading port, offers a beautiful flowering with vibrant colors and varied from red to pink through yellow, white and orange.
Easily maintained, the portulaca requires very little water and is even drought resistant.
It will adapt perfectly to your rock gardens, walls but also planters, hot pots and suspensions.
Not very resistant to low temperatures, it will not survive below 5°
Smart tip about portulaca:
No need to water the portulaca planted in the ground even in hot weather!