Easy and quick to make, this vegetarian rice recipe is also deliciously scented.
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 1 liter of vegetable broth
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 2 onions
- 1 tomato
- 6 dried tomatoes
- 50 g of Beaufort
- 30 g of half-salted butter
- 260 g of whole rice
- 1 tbsp. pesto
- 6 leaves of basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the vegetable broth.
- Peel and cut vegetables in mirepoix.
- Mince the dried tomatoes.
- Grate the Beaufort.
- In a large pan with lid, melt the butter, add the onion, cook without coloring and then add the remaining vegetables. Cook for a few minutes over low heat and pour the rice, mix well.
- Add the vegetable broth to the height of the rice, then add as the cooking (like a risotto).
- Just before the end of the cooking, add the pesto and Beaufort, correct the seasoning.
- Dress in a dish or plates, and add some basil leaves.
Learn more about Beaufort:
Beaufort: Formerly named "vachelin", Beaufort is a cooked pressed cheese whose production knew a real impetus in the Middle Ages.
Monks and villagers then began to clear pastures to graze their dairy cows, which boosted milk production and production.
Knowing a great success until the 1960s, it almost disappeared during the rural exodus... Joining forces to save this product of the soil, the professionals of the sector managed to revive its manufacture and even to obtain an AOC in 1968.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: A. Roche