As an appetizer or appetizer, enjoy this recipe of mackerel rillettes, lime, dill and cheese.
Preparation: 20 min
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 1 organic lime
- 1/2 bouquet ofdill
- 4 fillets of mackerel in a box (with mustard, tomato, etc.)
- 100 g of fromage frais (Petit Billy type)
- 1 tbsp. white cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Recipe of mackerel rillettes
- Wash, brush and remove the lemon zest. Squeeze it and recover its juice.
- Wash, dry and chop the dill.
- Drain the mackerel fillets.
- In a salad bowl, arrange the fresh cheese, the mackerel previously crumbled, the zest and the lemon juice. Season with pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Add the cottage cheese and dill and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Arrange for a cool charge for at least an hour.
- Serve with toast or buckwheat pancakes.
Learn more about mackerel
Cousin of tunamackerel live in the waters of the North Sea, the Atlantic coasts of North America and Europe, as well as the Mediterranean.
Consumed fresh, smoked, dried and salted, or canned, this semi-fatty fish with thousand and one finishes (Provencal, white wine, mustard, cotriade...) is appreciated for its flesh both thick and fragile whose fragrant flavor is exciting our taste buds.
Becoming a flagship product of the canned fish industry, particularly developed and anchored in Brittany (Finistère and Morbihan), it has inspired manufacturers who, beyond the classic recipe for white wine and herbs, now work it also in glasses, in rillettes and other prepared products.
Recipe: A. Beauvais
Photo: A. Beauvais - F. Hamel