- To know about the schefflera:
- Maintenance of the schefflera:
- Size of the schefflera:
- Disease or schefflera culture errors:
- Watering the schefflera:
- Smart advice about schefflera:
Schefflera is a common plant of houses, apartments and offices. It is appreciated for the beauty of its foliage and its great ease of maintenance.
Care, pruning, watering and treatment, follow these tips to have a beautiful schefflera and prevent him from getting sick.
In summary, what you need to know:
Name: Schefflera arboricola
Height: 3 m indoors, 30 m in its natural environment
Ground: Terreau Indoor plants
Exposure: Bright light without direct sun
To know about the schefflera:
The schefflera is theone of the most popular shrubs as a houseplant for the beauty of its foliage and for its robustness.
It is appreciated for its aesthetic side but also for its great ability to adapt to interiors of our houses and our apartments.
It is also often used in offices for its ease of maintenance and his tolerance.
Maintenance of the schefflera:
The schefflera is quite tolerant to the exhibition, watering and the temperature level where he is.
It is indeed pleasing as well in a room whose temperature can vary from 12 à 22°. But avoid sudden changes in temperature.
- It must be located in a bright roombut should not be exposed to the sun.
- It can tolerate a dim light but nevertheless prefers a bright light.
- It must be watered when the earth is dry, but not abundantly and preferably withwater at room temperature.
- Finally, avoid moving it too often, as it will take time to adjust to your new environment.
Every 2 or 3 years, you have to repot your schefflera.
- Find our tips for repot your schefflera
Size of the schefflera:
It's important to to cut the stems of the schefflera to ramify.
This consists of pinch the main stem so that new stems can develop.
- You can renew the operation
Disease or schefflera culture errors:
Schefflera who loses his leaves:
Enough frequent in the schefflerait is normal when it comes to regular losses and limited quantities.
In case of leaf loss, check that it is well watered and possibly carry out a surfacing.
- It can also be related to a change of place or pot.
- He can too lack of lightin this case give it more light.
It should quickly regain strength.
Leaves of schefflera that turn yellow:
This is often the result of a spider attack.
- It will then be enough to treat with a biological miticide sold in garden.
- Avoid chemicals, especially in houseplants,
White powder on leaves that become tacky:
This is usually the result of mealybugs.
- Find out how fight against cochineal at the schefflera.
Watering the schefflera:
It is better towait until the soil is dry between 2 waterings.
So water on average 1 time per week.
If the air of your interior is rather dry or in summer, we can water a little more often, but always waiting until the soil is dry on the surface.
On the contrary, in winter or in case of high humidity, we can space a little more watering.
feel free to regularly misting water on the foliage, this will improve the quality of the foliage and prevent the leaves from drying out.
Smart advice about schefflera:
With a pot or a good sized tray and a regular surfacing, you will get a beautiful schefflera from 2 to 3 m high!