Here is a delicious recipe of Curry Mash Stew.
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 2 kg of mussels
- 2 broccoli
- 2 shallots
- 1 lime
- 10 cl of white wine
- 20 g of half-salted butter
- 10 cl of thick cream (30% fat)
- 10 cl of coconut milk
- 2 bird peppers
- 1 tbsp. curry
- 1 tbsp. 1 cup of potato starch tablespoons water
- Salt, pepper, coarse salt
Curry muffin stew
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- Brush and wash the skin of lemon, take some zest with the help of a thrift. Cut these zests into julienne.
- Wash and chop the bird peppers.
- Cut the broccoli into small bunches, wash it.
- Bring salted salt water to boiling, immerse the bouquets of broccoli, cook for 5 minutes and cool in ice water. Drain, reserve.
- Scrape and wash the mussels. Put them in a casserole with the white wine.
Cover and cook on high until they open. To remove them. Filter the cooking juices, reserve them.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, sweat the shallots.
Pour the cream, the coconut milk and 10 cl of the reserved mold juice. Reduce 5 minutes on low heat. Add the peppers, lime zest, curry. Let simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in diluted potato starch in 1 tablespoonful of water. Let simmer again for 1 minute.
Filter. Place broccoli and mussels in this sauce. Check the seasoning.
- Serve hot.
Chef's B.A.ba on Curry Mussel Stew
- This dish can be accompanied by a small brunoise of vegetables.
- If this dish is tasted with children, it is necessary to pay attention to the dosage of the pepper bird which is a very strong pepper of the islands of Réunion and Guadeloupe.
WORDS OF KITCHEN
Reduce:evaporate a liquid to concentrate the flavor of a food by bringing it to a boil.
Sweat: remove vegetation water from a vegetable by gently heating it without staining in a fat body to concentrate the flavors.
Cut in fine julienne: Cut into regular slices 1 to 2 mm thick and overlay and cut into filaments a few centimeters = cut into thin sticks (ex: julienne leek, julienne orange peel...).
Calories per person: 230
Photo: C. Herlédan