- Palm plantation:
- Size, maintenance of the palm tree:
- To know about the blue palm of Mexico:
- Smart advice about this palm tree:
The blue palm of Mexico is a rustic tree and very ornamental.
Planting, maintaining and pruning will help you grow beautifully.
In summary, what you need to know:
Name: Brahea armata
Height8 to 15 m
Ground: Well drained, sandy
Prefer a spring planting if the winter is cool in your area or you can plant it in the fall.
- The blue palm plant in a mixture of earth, potting soil and river sand
- Here are some tips on the technique of planting.
Size, maintenance of the palm tree:
No pruning is necessary but the palm tree loses its palms as it goes and they should be removed as they turn yellow.
- Prune the damaged flippers
- Protect the palm tree from the cold in winter in case of heavy frosts.
To know about the blue palm of Mexico:
This species is part of the family Brahea. It is extremely widespread and known for its resistance to low temperatures, up to -10°.
Brahea is also famous for being one of the most beautiful palms. It is cultivated for its beautiful almost blue crown of leaves.
This palm tree has a slow growth and it will take several years to reach a few meters.
As for the watering, it is necessary to water abundantly when the ground becomes dry in the event of strong heat.
Smart advice about this palm tree:
Normal 0 21 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
Prefer watering in the evening to prevent the water from evaporating, it is a gesture for the environment!