- Plantation of the chimonanthe:
- Size and maintenance of chimonanthus:
- To know about chimonanthus:
- Smart advice on chimonanthus:
The chimonanthe is remarkable in winter and undoubtedly one of the most beautiful winter blooming shrubs.
In summary, what you need to know:
Name: Chimonanthus praecox
Height: 3 to 5 m
Foliage: Deciduous or persistent
Flowering: January to March
Planting, pruning and maintaining are all actions that will help you to improve the growth of chimonanthe.
Plantation of the chimonanthe:
The planting of the chimonanthe is unimportant in the spring or fall. If you want to plant the chimonanthe in winter, avoid at all costs frost periods.
- It is not very sensitive to the nature of the soil
- Prefer a slightly sunny but non-burning exposure to make the most of its beautiful bloom.
- Follow our advice planting shrubs.
Size and maintenance of chimonanthus:
No size is necessary as the chimonanthus flowers on the wood of the previous year.
- Remove as soon as dead wood and damaged branches.
If you want to rebalance your silhouette or reduce its antlers, wait for the end of flowering.
Their cultivation of chimonanthus is easy and it will particularly please slightly in the shade.
To know about chimonanthus:
This shrub which is pronounced "kimonante" will offer you a magnificent flowering from the month of January and until the arrival of the beautiful days.
Both fragrant and bright, its flowers will seduce you and bring gaiety, contrasting well with the winter cold.
The chimonanthes are very ornamental shrubs, very appreciated for their winter bloom and their delicate perfume.
It requires little maintenance except watering in case of hot weather.
Known species of chimonanthus:
The latter offer evergreen foliage: Chimonanthus campanulatus, chimonanthus grammatus, chimonanthus nitens
Smart advice on chimonanthus:
A mulching may be auspicious during the summer.
Do not eat the seeds it produces because they are toxic.
- The most beautiful winter blooming shrubs