A must-see among desserts, clafoutis is a classic of French cuisine.
Here is a delicious variation with the cherry-pistachio clafoutis.
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 45 min
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 600 g of cherries
- 100 g of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100g of flour
- 25 cl of milk
- 20 cl of liquid cream
- 80 g of pistachios nature shelled
- 1 drop of aromaalmond bitter
Recipe for cherry-pistachio clafoutis
Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Wash the cherries, dry and then stone them.
- Roughly crush the pistachios in a mortar with a pestle.
In a salad bowl,
- Break the eggs and beat them with the sugar with the fork.
- Add successively flour, milk, cream and pistachios and mix well until smooth and homogeneous.
- Perfume with a drop of almond flavor (be careful, use with moderation!
- The bitter almond is very powerful perfume which can, in too great quantity, take all the place in terms of flavor).
- Spread the cherries in a gratin dish (or in individual crème brûlée pans).
- Pour the clafoutis and bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
Achievable with all the fruits of season.
Traditionally, in the clafoutischerries are not pitted; in which case be careful to warn your guests!
To pit the cherries, there are mechanical pencils quite effective but the simplest still to open them in two to remove the core.
Enjoy your meal!
Photo credits: © EU / MAAF / FAM / Interfel / T. Antablian