As an accompaniment to meat or fish, this zucchini gratin recipe is delicious, easy and quick to prepare.
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 4 zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 20 cl whole cream
- 2 pinches of nutmeg
- 100 g grated emmental cheese
- Coarse salt
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Recipe of zucchini gratin
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (th.6).
- Wash, dry and grate zucchini. Arrange them in a dish.
Sprinkle with coarse salt and leave to disgorge 15 minutes. Sponge well.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt, add the liquid cream, nutmeg and pepper.
- Check the draining of zucchini, then mix with cheese and pepper.
Arrange in a lightly buttered dish.
- Pour the mixture, mix well and bake for 20 minutes.
B.A.ba of the chef
This gratin can be served as a main dish in the evening or as an accompaniment to a fish or meat.
The courgette: The feet of zucchini are often prolific, and in season, it happens that we do not know what to do with these vegetables. To enjoy all year, it is possible to freeze them. Just wash them, dry them, cut them into 3 or 4 cm cubes, and then put them in a freezer bag. Thawed, the consistency of the pieces will not be as firm as after their collection, but they will be very practical to prepare soups, soups and purees.
Advice about liquid cream
Liquid cream: The liquid cream, called cream, is a fresh cream that has not undergone any seeding. Sweet and light, it contains at least 30% fat and incorporates many more bubbles in its mass than other creams, which is why it is recommended for the preparation of whipped cream.