Parmentier hash is a traditional dish made from mashed potatoes and ground beef.
Easy to cook, it is also economical but still good to eat.
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 500 g ground beef
- 2 onions
- 1 cloves ofgarlic
- 1 carrot
- Salt pepper
For mashed potatoes:
- 1 kg of potatoes Bintje type
- 25 cl of milk
- 25 g of butter
- Ground nutmeg
- Salt pepper
Recipe for Parmentier hash:
The success of this recipe that reminds all the dishes of our childhood is within the reach of all and should delight the taste buds of young and old!
- Start by peeling and then wash the potatoes thoroughly
- Then immerse these potatoes in cold water, bring to a boil
- Cook for 25 to 30 minutes (depending on size)
Meanwhile, we prepare the meat,
We will use ground beef here, but we can also use the rest of cooked meat like that of the pot-au-feu.
- Peel then slice onions
- Peel and crush the garlic
- Peel, wash and cut the carrot in small cubes
- Melt the butter in a skillet or skillet
- First brown the onions for browning
- Add meat, carrot and garlic
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly
Once the potatoes are well cooked...
- Take the potatoes out of the water and drain them
- Crush the potatoes with the mashed potato
- Add the milk as you go and then the butter
- Season with salt, pepper and a little nutmeg
In a baking dish in the oven:
- Preheat oven to 200°
- Arrange the beef mixture at the bottom of the dish
- Cover with mashed potatoes
- We can finally put some grated cheese on top to brown everything but it is not mandatory
- Bake and cook for 25 minutes
Serve immediately with a green salad...
Enjoy your meal!