So creamy, this recipe of Parmentier beef cheek is also very greedy.
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 1 kg of beef cheek
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 50 cl of full-bodied red wine
- 1 bouquet garni
- 4 cl of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. teaspoon of tomato paste
- 60 cl of veal stock
- 2 cloves garlic
- 600 g of potatoes
- 30 g of butter
- 15 cl of milk
- 1 pinch of coarse salt
- Salt pepper
This unctuous dish can even be eaten with a spoon.
- The day before, parry the cheek of beef, detail it in pieces.
- Peel and wash the carrots, cut into large sticks.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Put together the meat and vegetables in a dish, pour the wine and leave the bouquet garni, marinate one night.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 180° C (th.6).
- Remove and drain the meat (keep the marinade). In a casserole, pour the oil and sear the meat on all sides. Remove and reserve the meat. In this same casserole, place the vegetables, cook for a few minutes, add the tomato paste. Deglaze with the wine of the marinade, reduce by half. Replace the pieces of meat. Wet with the veal stock, add the garlic in the shirt. Bake and cook for 2 hours.
Check the cooking, remove the meat, let it warm and frail.
- Check the consistency of the sauce, reduce it if necessary, it must be able to cover the back of a spoon.
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cook in boiling salted water with coarse salt until tender. Puree them, stir in hot milk and butter. Season.
- In a stainless steel circle, place the frayed rind on top, arrange the mashed potato, pour a bead of sauce.
B.A.BA OF THE CHIEF
- This dish can also be served in a friendly way in a baking dish. It will have been, beforehand, sprinkled with pieces of butter and breadcrumbs and baked in the oven.
Cellar side, wine to accompany the Parmentier of beef:
This dish is different from Traditional Parmentier not only by the use of the cheek of beef, whose soft and gelatinous texture confers to the preparation all its creaminess, but also by a cooking of the meat which is similar to a Burgundian bringing the aromatic richness of this great classic.
This is how a simple primer gives us a taste that is both powerful and complex to highlight many great bottles, among which the choice will depend on the desired style of agreement.
With a Burgundy structured, like a Nights St Georgeswe will bring freshness and relief which, in contrast with the sweetness and melting of the Parmentier, will lighten the alliance.
On the contrary, with a Red bandolwe will go fully in the direction of the dish by reinforcing all the sweetness that emanates from it.
But it is also an opportunity to release a medoc such aSt Estèphe which will play in reinforcement on the aromatic level while bringing firmness in the mouth.
Recipe: T. Debethune, Photo: C. Herlédan