Served on pasta, tapas on toast or with kebabs of fish or poultry, this pesto of zucchini is a real treat!
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 2 zucchini
- 50 g of salers cheese
- 1/2 boot of basil
- 50 g of fromage frais (St Morêt type)
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon of olive oil
- Grilled pepper
- Wash and cut zucchini into pieces.
- Cook them in a pot of boiling and salted water. Be careful to keep them slightly firm.
- Drain and crush them.
- Grate the salers.
- Wash, dry and chop the basil.
- Once the purée has cooled (about 1 hour), add the fresh cheese, basil, salers, pepper, garlic and olive oil. Mix well and adjust to salt if necessary.
Serve on pasta, tapas on toast or with fish or poultry kebabs.
B.A.ba of the chef
The courgette: The feet of zucchini are often prolific, and in season, it happens that we do not know what to do with these vegetables. To enjoy all year, it is possible to freeze them. Just wash them, dry them, cut them into 3 or 4 cm cubes, and then put them in a freezer bag. Thawed, the consistency of the pieces will not be as firm as after their collection, but they will be very practical to prepare soups, soups and purees.
To read also: cultivate zucchini
Learn more about cottage cheese
Fresh cheese: With fresh taste, the fresh cheese offers a fresh and melting sensation in the mouth. Prepared simply with milk, some of these cheeses are also sold with a touch of cream or raised by a pinch of salt and some herbs, enough to vary the pleasures.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: A. Roche