- Plantation of plum Quetsche d'Alsace:
- Size of plum Quetsche of Alsace:
- To know about the plum Quetsche d'Alsace:
- Also find the diseases and insects that affect the plum tree:
The plum Quetsche d'Alsace, beautiful from spring to autumn, offers abundant harvests of Quetsches.
Planting, maintenance and pruning are important to prevent disease.
In summary, what you need to know:
Name: Prunus domestica
Type: Tree orchard
Height: 5 to 6 m
Ground: Rich enough
Flowering: March April
Harvest: July to September
- To read: Plum, history, culture and use in cooking
Plantation of plum Quetsche d'Alsace:
Prefer a plantation to autumn or to spring but always avoiding periods of freezing.
Remember that for all fruiters, the best planting period is autumn because it is at this time that the conditions for recovery in the spring will be the best.
- The plum tree likes sunny situations to give good plums
- Plan that your plum tree will reach its adult size within a few years and will need space to grow.
- During the first weeks, water regularly provided it does not freeze.
- So prefer watering during the day because the nights are often much cooler.
- To ensure a good development to your plum tree, check out our planting tips.
Size of plum Quetsche of Alsace:
General principle of size:
It is recommended to cut the strictly necessary because the plum trees become sensitive to all types of injuries and therefore diseases.
After each intervention, apply a healing sealant Norway type tar to protect it from fungi and other diseases.
Prune formation size:
You can still practice training size the first year to form the frame of the tree. To do this, prune your tree so as to obtain 3 or 4 main branches facing outwards.
Like all stone trees and especially the Cherry treesize is in late summer or early fall.
After harvesting plums:
Once you have collected the plums, remove the dead wood and fragile branches.
Remove the fruits that have remained on the tree, often sick, and destroy them.
Finally, delete the rejects, ie the shoots that grow at the foot of the tree.
To know about the plum Quetsche d'Alsace:
The plum Quetsche d'Alsace is a fruit tree whose fruits are used for a consumption of fresh Quetsche d'Alsace but we also like to use them to make plum jams, liqueur, pastries or dried fruits as are the prunes Agen.
The plum tree is also a very ornamental tree because its flowering is generous in early spring and its foliage very interesting until the fall of the leaves
Fruiting will be all the more abundant if the plum Quetsche d'Alsace is amended in manure in the fall and fertilized with a fertilizer for fruit trees in the spring.
This relatively old variety is one of the best known and one of the most tasty. We love him especially for his juicy and sweet flesh.
Smart advice about the plum tree:
A mulching at the foot of the tree avoids the growth of weeds, protects the roots from cold in winter and evaporation of water in summer.
Also find the diseases and insects that affect the plum tree:
- Rust : brown orange pustule under the leaves
- Aphids: Leaves curl and lose their original color
- Scab: brown spots on fruits and leaves
- Monilia: plums rot on the plum tree