Here is the delicious bacon quiche recipe, as easy as it is quick to make and creamy.
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons cornstarch
- 20 cl of milk
- 150 g diced bacon
- 4 eggs
- 25 cl of liquid cream
- 100 g grated emmental cheese
- 1/2 bouquet of chive
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Roll out your puff pastry in a pie plate, form the edges and then prick the bottom and edges of pies with a fork.
- Place the pie dish in a cool place.
Preheat the oven to 180° C (th.6).
- Dissolve the cornstarch with the milk and set aside.
- Wash and chive the chives. Place on the bottom of the pie with bacon and grated emmental cheese.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with salt and pepper. Pour the cream over the beaten eggs.
Add the mixture of milk and starch. Check the seasoning. Pour on the pie shell.
- Bake 40 minutes.
Serve this dish accompanied by a mesclun.
Learn more about bacon quiche
We find for the first time the use of the word quiche in the accounts of the hospital Saint-Julien de Nancy in March 1605.
Previously we talked about pie, fouace or eschaudez. The name derives from the German "Kuchen" (cake), from the French Lorraine dialect "Küchen". The quiche is such a popular entry into the 21st century that its name is now used to describe pies filled with a creamer, salted and filled with various ingredients.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: A. Roche