Fine and delicate, the sea bream goes perfectly with bacon in this delicious recipe.
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 4 fillets bream (180 g each)
- 8 slices of bacon
- 10 cl of liquid cream (30% fat)
- 50 g of half-salted butter
- 4 onions
- 2 pinches of sugar
- 8 baby onions
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt pepper
Seared sea bream with bacon sauce
- Peel, wash and slice onions.
- Peel, wash and cut the stems of the bunions.
- Heat a skillet to dry, lightly grill 4 slices of bacon, keep them warm.
Place remaining slices, pour liquid cream, bring to a boil and reduce for 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove from heat and mix. Reserve the sauce in a bain-marie.
- In a frying pan, melt 30 g of butter, add the chopped onions, sprinkle with sugar, cook for 45 minutes over low heat until obtaining a compote.
- Melt 20 g of butter in a pan, add the onions bells, sprinkle with sugar and pour water halfway up the onions.
Season and cook until the water evaporates. Onions should be tender.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, cook the fish fillets 5 to 6 minutes (depending on the thickness)
- On hot plates, place a nest of onions fondue and some glazed onions. Place the fish and a slice of grilled bacon, pour a strip of bacon sauce.
B.A.ba of the chef
- It is possible to replace onion compote with mushroom duxelles (minced mushrooms with shallots and parsley).
- For the sauce, the bacon can be replaced by slices of smoked brisket.
CÔTÉ CAVE: Saumur Champigny
Words from the kitchen
Slice: cut into thin slices.
Reduce: Evaporate a liquid to concentrate the flavor of a food by bringing it to a boil.
Calories per person: 348
Bacon is low fat, or 1 g of fat per slice.
Photo: C. Herlédan