Deliciously fragrant and easy to make, this vanilla tartare with vanilla and ginger is a pure delight.
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 300 g of tenderloin bream
- 1 shallot
- 8 Cherry tomatoes red and yellow
- 1 tbsp. coriander
- 1 lime
- ½ vanilla pod
- 1 cm fresh ginger
- 4 tbsp. tablespoon of olive oil
- 5 cl of liquid cream
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Sea bream tartare, creamy vanilla and ginger emulsion
For the emulsion:
- Mix all the ingredients in a salad bowl or a bowl:
- Squeeze the lemon juice.
- Peel the fresh ginger and chop it finely.
- Using a knife, remove the vanilla caviar previously split in half.
- Add olive oil and liquid cream.
- Use a dipping mixer to mix everything and emulsify the whole.
For the tartare:
- Desarate the bream if necessary.
- Cut into strips and dice.
- Add diced tomatoes, chopped shallot and chopped coriander.
- Add emulsion.
- Check the seasoning and mix.
- Divide the mixture in the verrines and decorate with some coriander sprigs.
- Serve well fresh.
B.A.ba of the chef
To disarm the bream, you can bring decoupling forceps. Economical and very useful, it allows to remain vigilant and to remove very easily the edges of the most rebellious fishes!
Take advantage of the rich opportunities offered by Tartars to refresh you with iodized, acidic, sweet and milky flavors: fish tartare and why not meat carpaccios with accents of olive oil and vinegar from regions covered with parmesan shavings ?
Some spices and condiments are enough: fresh ginger, onions, chives, sesame oil and lime juice.
Refreshing and light sensations for your summer tables.
Words from the kitchen
Chop: cut into small cubes.
Recipe: T. Debethune, Photo: C. Herlédan