Fresh, light and deliciously scented, red mullet tartare with condiments is a recipe that should impress and delight your guests.
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 250 g red mullet fillets (4 fillets)
- 1 lemon
- 100 g green, yellow and red peppers
- 40 g of pickles
- 20 g capers
- 1 tomato
- 60 g ofonions new
- 1 tbsp. tablespoons chive
- 1 tbsp. tablespoons parsley dish
- 1 tbsp. tablespoondill
- 3 to 4 drops of Tabasco
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. old-fashioned mustard
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon of olive oil
- 30 g of cottage cheese (20% fat)
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- Espelette pepper powder
Red mullet tartare and condiments
- Cut the mullet fillets into small cubes.
- Peel the lemon, cut the flesh into small cubes.
- Peel, seed, cut into small cubes peppers.
- Drain and chop gherkins and capers.
- Monder, seed and cut the tomato into cubes.
- Peel and finely chop the onions.
- Wash, leaf and chop parsley and dill.
- Wash and chive the chives into small pieces.
- In a salad bowl, combine all the ingredients, add a few drops of Tabasco.
For the tartare sauce:
Separate the yolk from the egg white. Place the yolk in a bowl, add the mustard, season with salt and Espelette pepper.
Pour the oil gradually, add the white cheese. Mix, stir in the vinegar.
Lay the tartar in the shape of a circle. Pour a bead of sauce.
B.A.BA of the chef
You can accompany this recipe with a small mesclun.
Cellar side: Sauvignon du Pays d'Oc
Words from the kitchen
Snip:cut in small dice.
Monder: peel a vegetable or a fruit (peach, tomato...) after having immersed it for a few seconds in boiling water, cool it immediately in very cold water so as to stop cooking. The skin then withdraws very easily.
Peel off quickly: Remove the skin of a citrus fruit (lemon, orange, grapefruit) to remove both the bark and the white skin that covers the flesh. No skin should remain on the pulp.
Calories per person: 524
- Tabasco sauce contains vitamins A and C, some fibers, sugar, calcium and iron. It contains no calories, no sugar, no fat.
- It is possible to divide by three the number of calories in this recipe by using only one tablespoon of olive oil lengthened with water.
Photo: C. Herlédan